Easy ways to promote your small biz
Whether you are just starting your own business or are looking for new ways to grow your audience, here are some of my ideas on how you can easily spread the word about what you do:
- Business cards - Even in a digital age I think a good old fashioned business card is the easiest way to share your contact information with potential clients. More importantly they give a professional first impression of your brand, rather than scribbling your contact details on the back of a scruffy envelope!
- Write a blog - Give your customers a reason to keep coming back to your website or blog, by sharing useful and interesting articles that are relevant to your followers. Some good blog platforms are Wordpress, Squarespace, Blogger and Tumblr, all are quite straightforward to use.
- Use social media - Share your brand story and engage with your customers on social media. It is a low cost way to build awareness around your business. Instagram and Twitter are my favourites to use but other popular platforms are Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn. If you are super organised, you can even pre plan and schedule your posts on apps like Buffer and Hootsuite.
- Send email newsletters - build trust in your brand with thoughtful newsletters. It gives you a chance to keep your audience up to date with news and they can read it at a time that is convenient to them, from their inbox. I use MailChimp, I like how the chimp gives you a high five after you have sent the newsletter 😍 sign up to mine here.
- Referrals - word of mouth referrals can be one of your most powerful marketing tools. Ask your customers, family and friends to spread the word about your business!
If you need any help with designing business cards or graphics for your blog, social media or newsletters, you can ask me by clicking on the contact button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org